Authentication && Authorization MicroService created for container-based deployments.
- on CodeClimate @ https://codeclimate.com/github/zephinzer/annams
- on DockerHub @ https://hub.docker.com/r/zephinzer/annams/
- on GitHub @ https://github.com/zephinzer/annams
- on NPM @ https://www.npmjs.com/package/annams
- on Travis @ https://travis-ci.org/zephinzer/annams/
Authentication is the process of knowing who a user is. Annams provides for the following methods of authenticating a user:
- Via Facebook
- Via Google
To keep Annams stateless, we utilise JSON Web Tokens (JWTs) which are signed using asymmetric keys.
Authorization is the process of restricting access to content a user may access. Annams allows you to create Resource Types, Groups, and Accounts.
- Resource Types are atomic and can be assigned one or more Groups.
- Groups can be assigned one or more Accounts.
- Accounts belonging to a Group that has access to a Resource Type will be able to access the Resource Type, otherwise, access can be denied.
Annams was created for deployment as part of a larger microservice architecture and accounts for both intra-network communications with other microservices, as well as communication with a client-side application. We implement the following features:
- Basic HTTP header security
- GZIP compressed responses
- Metrics collection/exposing (via Prometheus)
- Liveness Checks
- Readiness Checks
- Cross-Origin-Resource-Sharing (CORS)
- MicroServices compatible logging (via Pino)
- Containerisable (via Docker)
- Traceability (via Zipkin)
- Support for Consumer Driven Contract (CDC) Testing (via Wiremock)
- Virtual Machine Deployment Support (via PM2)
- Container Deployment Support (via Docker)
- Container Deployment Support (via Kubernetes)
- REST-ful API
The following are on the roadmap for future development:
- HTTP/2 Compatibility
- GraphQL API
- Administrator Frontend
- Shell Scripting
- App Framework : Express
- API Framework : Swagger
- Service Logger : Pino
- Request Logger : Morgan
- Query Builder : Knex
- Object Relational Mapper : Objection.js
- Test Framework : Mocha
- Assertion Library : Chai
- Test Coverage : NYC
- Code Quality Checker : ESLint
- Vulnerability Assessment : NSP
- Metrics : Prometheus
- Request Tracing : Zipkin
- Consumer Driven Contract Testing : Wiremock
- Container Bundling : Docker
- Continuous Integration : Travis
- Deployment : PM2 Docker, Kubernetes
- Releases : NPM, GitHub, DockerHub
Third Party Services
- Code Climate for code quality
- DockerHub for container image hosting
- Travis for continuous integration/delivery
Annams is licensed under the GPLv3 license.
Authentication && Authorization MicroService (ANNAMS)
Copyright (C) 2018 Joseph Matthias Goh (@zephinzer)
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/.