A Bitcoin Cash full node for building applications and services with Node.js. A node is extensible and can be configured to run additional services. Additional services can be enabled to make a node more useful such as exposing new APIs, running a block explorer and wallet service.
npm install -g @owstack/bch-node bchnode start
- GNU/Linux x86_32/x86_64, or OSX 64bit (for bitcoind distributed binaries)
- Node.js v0.10, v0.12 or v4
- ZeroMQ (libzmq3-dev for Ubuntu/Debian or zeromq on OSX)
- ~200GB of disk storage
- ~8GB of RAM
Bch-node includes a Command Line Interface (CLI) for managing, configuring and interfacing with your Bch Node.
bchnode create -d <bitcoin-data-dir> mynode cd mynode bchnode install <service> bchnode install https://github.com/yourname/helloworld
This will create a directory with configuration files for your node and install the necessary dependencies. For more information about (and developing) services, please see the Service Documentation.
There are several add-on services available to extend the functionality of Bch-node:
- Upgrade Notes
- Development Environment - Guide for setting up a development environment
- Node - Details on the node constructor
- Bus - Overview of the event bus constructor
- Release Process - Information about verifying a release and the release process.
Please send pull requests for bug fixes, code optimization, and ideas for improvement. For more information on how to contribute, please refer to our CONTRIBUTING file.
Code released under the MIT license.
Copyright 2017 Open Wallet Stack
- bitcoin: Copyright (c) 2009-2015 Bitcoin Core Developers (MIT License)