Tile based color picker with customizable palette
- What is it called?
- What is it made out of?
- A set of colored tiles that when clicked, provides a selected value
- What variants are needed?
- Idle: hover styling is still here, but no selection is possible
- Tiles: Different sizes and margin between them
- How does it scale?
- Tiles size are defined in pixels, and the rowSize defines the total width
- What style variables are in use?
- Colors: The list of colors available for selection
- Outline: Can customize the style of the outline when over a light or dark color
- Anything to keep in mind?
- If the display state of the element changes (i.e. it gets hidden/unhidden), you need to call notifyResize, otherwise the element will not properly render.
- When the selected colour changes, the highlighting only animates if the Web Animations API is supported by the browser. To make the feature work in all browsers, use a polyfill.
yarn add @kano/kwc-color-picker
import '@kano/kwc-color-picker/kwc-color-picker.js'; const tpl = html` <kwc-color-picker></kwc-color-picker> `;
Clone this repository and install the dependencies with
Serve the demo with
Serve the tests with