Yeoman generator to provide the scaffolding for a React app with hot reloading.
Generated app has the following features:
- Hot reloading for React
- Transpilation with Babel to support older browsers
- Linting using ESLint, extending from the
- Dockerfile to spin up an nginx server with built code
- Jest and Enzyme setup for testing
- .gitignore file to prevent accidentally pushing unnecessary files
- Development and production webpack configurations, extending from a base configuration
- Injects resources into index.html file on build
- Support for SCSS and CSS for styling
Install generator-react-hot with npm scoped package:
npm install yo @j154004/generator-react-hot -g
You can use this generator with
yo with ease. In the directory you wish to create your resource run the following command:
Answer the questions asked by the generator, these answers will be injected into various files that will be created in your directory.
All the dependencies required to run the application will be installed automatically.
--skip-welcome- Skips welcome greeting before displaying options.
- Start by running the hot reloading development server with
- Navigate to
http://localhost:PORTin your browser, where
PORTis the one you chose when running the generator. You should see the words "Hello, world!" printed on the page.
- Change the text inside the
src/App.jsand notice the text change in the browser when you save your changes.
- Fork it!
- Create your feature branch:
git checkout -b feature/new-feature
- Commit your changes:
git commit -am 'Add some feature'
- Push to the branch:
git push origin feature/new-feature
- Submit a pull request.
See LICENSE for licensing information.