Platform independent binary installer of FFprobe for node projects. Useful for tools that should "just work" on multiple environments.
Installs a binary of
ffprobe for the current platform and provides a path and version. Supports Linux, Windows 7+ and MacOS 10.9+.
A combination of package.json fields
os let's the installer only download the binary for the current platform. See also Warnings during install.
npm install --save @ffprobe-installer/ffprobe
const ffprobe = require('@ffprobe-installer/ffprobe'); console.log(ffprobe.path, ffprobe.version);
const ffprobePath = require('@ffprobe-installer/ffprobe').path; const spawn = require('child_process').spawn; const ffprobe = spawn(ffprobePath, args); ffprobe.on('exit', onExit);
const ffprobePath = require('@ffprobe-installer/ffprobe').path; const ffmpeg = require('fluent-ffmpeg'); ffmpeg.setFfprobePath(ffprobePath);
Warnings during install
AWS and/or Elastic Beanstalk
If you get permissions issues, try adding a .npmrc file with the following:
Wrong path under Electron with Asar enabled
It's a known issue that Asar breaks native paths. As a workaround, if you use Asar, you can do something like this:
const ffprobePath = require('@ffprobe-installer/ffprobe').path.replace( 'app.asar', 'app.asar.unpacked' );
Downloaded from the sources listed at ffmpeg.org:
- Linux (20190527-g9b069eb14e): https://www.johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/
- MacOS (93939-g819ed1df94): https://evermeet.cx/ffmpeg/
- Windows 32-bit (20190529-d903c09): https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win32/static/
- Windows 64-bit (20190529-d903c09): https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win64/static/
- Linux ARM (release: 4.3.1) : https://www.johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/ For version updates, submit issue or pull request.
Upload new versions
In every updated
npm run upload
- node-ffmpeg-installer - This project is a fork of ffmpeg-installer