Create React WP Theme
Up To Date!
create-react-wptheme is up-to-date.
If you have a theme made with an earlier version of
create-react-wptheme and want to update it to the latest code, just follow these instructions.
Michael Soriano is writing a tutorial for creating a theme using React. He uses
create-react-wptheme for the initial setup. He provides a lot more detail than this
readme and the screen shots are really helpful.
Check it out:
Let's build a WordPress theme with React: Part 1 (Setup)
See the full README on Github.
- Remove WebPackDevServer and use your WordPress dev server instead.
- Also, do not proxy the WordPress server.
- Thus removing CORS as a concern.
- Maintain feature parity(ish) with
- Touch the original
react-scriptsas little as possible.
- Add new files where possible.
- This will make merges easier.
I'm grateful to the authors of existing related projects for their ideas and collaboration:
I used this as an example for writing my own plugin for watching changes to the create-react-app "public" folder.
Create React WP Theme is open source software licensed as MIT.